If you follow my blogs (and I certainly hope that you do), then you have already heard me say that this Austin market is as H-O-T as the temperature outside. It is a great time to buy or sell in Austin, Texas and being a top Austin REALTOR® who puts her clients first is very important to me. So, what should you know that we top Austin real estate agents know? Well, let’s look at a few things…
What The Best Austin Real Estate Agents Know
June of 2015 was a banner month for Austin real estate. We hit a milestone that is very exciting for REALTORS® and I hope for you (a client looking to buy, sell, or invest in this great opportunity). Barb Cooper (2015 President of the Austin Board of REALTORS®) was quoted on the ABOR site as stating the following,
“June’s increased home sales, combined with total dollar volume exceeding $1 billion for the first time ever, shows the amazing equity Austin homeowners have in the market and the powerful impact of real estate in Central Texas. However, this increase heightens the need to replenish and expand housing stock to help achieve sustainable growth.”
So, what does that tell you (someone looking to be “in the know”) about the Austin real estate market?
1. Austin’s median home price for single family homes rose 8% in June of 2015 from the same month just one year ago. There is money to be made in the Austin real estate market!
2. We need more inventory on the market to sustain this wonderful growth. What does that mean to you? If you have considered selling your home in Austin, now may be a great time.
3. Austin is drawing in more and more people every day. According to the Austin Business Journal who cites Ryan Robinson (Austin Demographer), there are 110 people on average moving to our wonderful city. That’s a lot of new friends to meet and greet! But, they need a place to live and we need houses to sell to them. Again, if you have considered selling, now might be the time.
4. Many different areas of Austin are expanding. Many people are moving to the suburbs (Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Buda, and beyond). While others are choosing some of the very cool downtown Austin condos. Stay, play, and work all in the downtown area! How exciting is that? Some East Austin neighborhoods are seeing a vibrancy that is very hip, eclectic, and full of energy (very “Austin”). The best thing to do is have your personal style in mind when looking at homes (but always have an open mind to the exciting possibilities).
5. Because inventory is low right now, if you see a property that you want…I encourage you and your REALTOR® to act quickly. Chances are that if you like it, someone else may also.
6. Be aware of Austin’s vibrant and fun social scene. What do I mean by this? “Keep Austin Weird” is the city’s slogan (albeit it is an unofficial slogan I suppose…but everyone takes it seriously around here). We love to get outdoors and listen to great music, enjoy tasty food, cheer on our Texas Longhorns, etc. Having said that, please note that certain properties will experience (at times) parking, traffic, and noise issues. Most folks that live in these areas take full advantage of the fun. But, if you want to make sure your Austin home is the perfect one for you…it is something to consider and should be discussed with your Austin real estate agent.
7. Trust. This word is on the top of my list. In fact, I probably should have listed it first. This doesn’t just pertain to the Austin real estate market. You should be able to trust your REALTOR®. After all, buying and selling properties are major transactions! I realize that your confidence is of the utmost importance.
Call The Best Real Estate Agent that Austin Offers
So, I hope I have given you some insight into what the best Austin real estate agents know. There are so many details that go into a real estate transaction. I can’t possibly explain them all here. But what I can do, if you call me at (512) 732-3820 or click here, is listen to your needs, put you first, and help you with buying, selling, or investing in this hot Austin real estate market. I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Do you have questions about the Austin, Texas real estate market? Please let me hear them in the comments section below. Thanks.
photo credit: Austin at Night via photopin (license)