Finally! Fall is in the air, and that gets us all in the mood to enjoy some fun things with our families. Fortunately, Austin is abundant with a number of activities that we can choose from.
Austin Pumpkin Patches
Pumpkins come to mind with the fall season, and Addie Gross with Free Fun in Austin has some really wonderful pumpkin patches to check out. They are:
- Red Barn Garden Center – 12881 Pond Springs Rd
- Bethany United Methodist Church – 10010 Anderson Mill Rd – pumpkins of all sizes, fall decorations, and mini pumpkins
- Austin Oaks Church – 4220 Monterey Oaks Blvd – all proceeds go to Redeemed Ministries, an organization advocating against human trafficking
- St John’s United Methodist Church – 2140 Allandale Rd
- United Christian Church -3500 W Parmer Ln – photo props and a decorating station for the kids
- Shoreline Church – Shoreline Dr @ 15201 Burnet Rd
- Bethany Lutheran Church – 3701 W. Slaughter Ln – there will be a fall festival on Oct 30th from 3-6 in addition to daily pumpkin patch – at festival can decorate cupcakes, play carnival games, and participate in a costume parade
- SoCo Pumpkin Patch – Christ Lutheran Church – 212 E Monroe
**Don’t Let Selling Your Home Be A SCARY Process! Click Here.**
Surrounding Austin Area Pumpkin Patches
In the surrounding areas, there are also opportunities to look for your perfect pumpkin:
- Buda United Methodist Church – 767 Main St, Buda
- Manchaca United Methodist Church – 1626 @ Manchaca Rd in Manchaca – fall festival held on Oct 22nd from 11-2 – includes a hay ride, moon jump, cakewalk, and much more
- Richard’s Episcopal Church – 1420 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock – don’t miss The Great Pumpkin Festival at Dell Diamond on Oct 30th!
- First United Methodist Church of Georgetown – 410 E University Ave, Georgetown
- First United Methodist Church of Pflugerville – 500 E Pecan, Pflugerville
- Restore Transform – 1003 Adventure Ln, Cedar Park
- Leander United Methodist Church – 107 West Dr, Leander
Scary Fall Fun in Austin
If it’s scary you’re into, the haunted house House of Torment might be what you want – if you can handle it! Voted #1 Haunted House in America, this attraction is not for the faint of heart. Located at 2632 Ridgepoint Dr, they boast a 2 times bigger location than before. Tickets may be purchased online, but please note that there is a warning posted that this haunted house is not recommended for children under the age of 12.
Other Fall Fun in Austin
An event that really looks like something the kids would enjoy is The Austin Symphony Halloween Children’s Concert. This will be held Oct 23rd at 3:00 p.m. It is recommended for children ages 2-10. The whole family can dress up in their favorite costume and enjoy “bootiful” music!
As you can see, there’s plenty of places to choose from to pick up the pumpkins for your home, and have fun at events for kids and mom and dad alike. So have a fantastic fall and enjoy Austin’s many autumn activities!
Don’t Let Selling Your Home Be Scary
Are you considering selling your home in the Austin area? Don’t let the process of selling scare you! Please give me a call at (512) 732-3820 or simply click here so we can discuss what might be your best first step toward accomplishing the goals you have concerning your home. I’d love to help you decide what’s best for you and your family.
photo credit: Prayitno / Thank you for (11 millions +) views Happy Halloween via photopin (license)