The holidays are fast approaching, and you and your family really can’t wait! So don’t! There are so many Christmas events in Austin and the surrounding areas that nobody has to sit around waiting until the big day to have fun!
Christmas Events in Austin
- In Austin, of course, there is the Trail of Lights in Zilker Park. It is a drive through event again this year. Please see their website for tickets.
- Another well-known Austin Christmas icon is the Zilker Tree. This tree has 3300 lights and stands over 150 feet tall. This has been an ongoing treat for families since 1967. Show your little ones the round and round joy of getting dizzy under the tree!
- At Mozart’s Coffee Roasters ,3825 Lake Austin Blvd, you can start a tradition of watching the annual light show. Enjoy a hot chocolate flavored with peppermint, pumpkin spice, or cinnamon along with a variety of scrumptious desserts while you watch the lights dance! Reservations are highly recommended.
Christmas Events in Austin’s Surrounding Areas
Looking for some Christmas events in Austin, but don’t want to fight the hustle and bustle of the city? Many surrounding areas offer some wonderful events as well.
- Also, be sure to check out Santa’s Ranch. This is a display of 1.5 million lights that you can drive through and will surely have the kids “oohing and aahing”. The Ranch is located outside of New Braunfels at 9561 IH 35 N, but isn’t very far for an evening of great fun.
Holiday Shows Coming to Austin
If it’s an exciting show you might be interested in, there are some great ones coming!
- Shen Yun will be at the Long Center for the Performing Arts on West Riverside January 7-9. With it’s beautiful Chinese dance and story-based dance, this performance gets rave reviews on it’s tour.
- Of course, what’s Christmas without making a family outing to The Nutcracker presented at the Long Center. The production this year runs until December 23rd. With a cast of hundreds, this is a rich tradition that dazzles children and adults alike. Be sure to get your tickets early!
So get out there and experience all that Austin has to offer for the holiday season. The possibilities are endless, making it hard to choose, but you and your family will find that Austin entertainment never disappoints!
photo credit: jDevaun.Photography Best Wishes via photopin (license)