Summer’s over, school’s back in session, and cool fronts are finally on the way! It’s time to think about getting your home ready for fall.
Fall is such a wonderful season, with all of the fun decorating going on and Starbuck’s Pumpkin Lattes available. This time of year may inspire your inner chef to jump in the kitchen and try some wonderful fall recipes. A recipe that I found that sounds absolutely delicious to enjoy on an evening when there is a slight chill in the air is Balsamic Prime Rib with Pumpkin Gnocci from JenReviews.com.
However, even with all of the cozy, inviting things that we can do around our home to remind us of fall, there are also some chores that must be done to get our yard and home ready for these seasonal months.
Getting Your Home Ready For Fall: Exterior
- If you have a pool -clean and cover it – Leslie’s Pool Company has several recommendations for this such as removing all debris and letting us know at what level water should be kept
- Clean gutters – Do this safely with a ladder, and if it’s a two-story home, please consider hiring this to be done
- Clean out garage and storage shed – Not a desirable thought, but it’s a good time of the year to think about donating or throwing away items not used in some time
- Clean and store patio furniture
- Check for drafts and cracks around windows and doors, and seal if necessary
- Store garden hoses and inspect for splits or cracks
- Check dryer exhaust tube for lint and debris
- Trim up trees
- Stock up on firewood
- Fertilize yard
- Wash windows (again – not a delightful thought, but sometimes a necessity)
Getting Your Home Ready For Fall: Interior
- Have furnace inspected
- Have chimney inspected and cleaned if necessary, and have ducts checked and cleaned
- Check furnace filters
- Vacuum drapes
- Vacuum upholstered furniture
- Clean dusty window sills and vacuum baseboards
- Turn mattresses, and you might want to switch out mattress pads, pillows, and even comforters
- Have carpets cleaned (especially with the holidays coming up)
These are some relatively easy items for getting your home ready for fall. There are so many wonderful decorating ideas, inside and out, that we can do to get in the mood for the cooler weather. We will talk about those at a later date. But getting these more necessary chores out of the way first can make all of us feel better about our home.
I hope everyone has a marvelous fall, and remember, if you are considering selling your home, be sure to call me at (512) 732-3820 or simply click here. I would be very happy to meet with you and work out what’s best for your selling and buying needs.
Happy Fall Y’all!